Tombstone has made cooking pizza at home simple, but it is not as simple as it looks. It is pretty much complicated as it may remain undercooked or might get burned who knows?
What is better than having a freshly baked pizza coming out of the oven for lunch? Then why not bake it in 20 minutes setting the right temperature is the tricky part. How hot to cook tombstone pizza in the oven is a real task.
Here I am easing you out by mentioning the exact cooking time, tombstone pizza oven temp, and a little touch of the ingredients so let’s get started.
Read below why we believe its the best!
About Tombstone Pizza
It is an easy oven-bake pizza that can cook with a seasoned pizza topping which is easy to cook and can be served on any occasion or for a quick dinner. You can get this crispy crust with savory topping in many flavors of your choice.
However, to fulfill these pizza cravings, you need to get a perfectly cooked tombstone pizza and to cook it properly which is no less than an art. Here is how you can master this art.
What are the ingredients that are used in Tombstone pizzas?
According to the package, the tombstone pizza consists of
Water, reduced iron, enriched wheat flour, niacin, thiamin, mononitrate, folic acid, low-fat skim mozzarella cheese (made with part-skim milk cheese culture salt enzymes), cooked seasoned pizza topping made with pork chicken and beef, BHA BHT citric acid.
This maintains the flavor of the (mechanically separated chicken beef, textured soy protein concentrate, modified cornstarch, salt, vegetable oil shortening, tomato paste, and modified food starch.
Other ingredients include corn oil, imitation mozzarella cheese, cheese culture salt enzymes, mechanically separated chicken, tomato paste spread over the crust, and skim milk. You can also add natural smoke flavor too.
How to cook Tombstone pizza?
To cook any pizza by Tombstone, you have the option to cook it in an oven or the air fryer. Here, I am mentioning both methods.
Method 1: Cooking Tombstone in an Oven
Cooking Pizza in an oven is the easiest method, you can adjust the cooking time and bake it at 3 temperatures for a different texture. Remember whenever you cook pizza, place it on the center oven rack position.
For cooking Tombstone crispy crust, set the oven temperature to 400 degrees F
· Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
· Take your tombstone pizza, remove the packaging, and then put it in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
Let them cook till the edges are golden brown or crispy on the crust, remove it from the oven when done and it is ready to serve.
For cooking Tombstone soft crust, set the oven temperature to 380 degrees F
To cook a soft-crust pizza, all you have to do is lower the temperature.
· Preheat oven to 380 degrees F.
· Place your pizza in the oven and cook it for 12 to 18 minutes.
Turn off the oven when the edges turn golden brown and it is ready to serve.
For cooking Tombstone chewier, set the temperature of the oven to 350 degrees F
· Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
· Put the tombstone pizza in the oven and let it cook for 12 to 18 minutes.
When the edges are golden brown, it is ready to serve.
For convection ovens,
· Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
· Put the pizza on the pizza stone or on the baking sheet and place it in the oven.
Let it cook for 5 minutes until it is fully cooked and turns golden brown.
Method 2: Cooking Tombstone pizza in an Air fryer
The other method is to cook your tombstone pizza in the air fryer, similar to the oven, tombstone pizza can be cooked in an air fryer at three different temperatures and you can adjust the cooking time.
For cooking pizza in the air fryer at 400 degrees F
· Similar to a convection oven, preheat it to 400 degrees F.
· Take the tombstone pizza and put it in and cook it for 15 minutes.
For cooking pizza in the air fryer at 380 degrees for a soft crust
· Preheat the oven to 380 degrees F
· Place the pizza inside of it and let it cook for 6 to 10 minutes
For pizza at 350 F in the air fryer for a chewier crust
· Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and place your pizza inside
· Let it cook for around 10 to 12 minutes till the edges of the crust turn brown
What is the right temperature for cooking Tombstone pizzas?
Speaking of the right temperature, you might be surprised that there is no perfect temperature. The reason is every single person has a different preference for their pizza crust and tenderness.
Tombstone pizza bakes quickly, estimated, it will not take more than 20 minutes. You just need to heat the oven to 425 to 450 degrees F for cooking it perfectly.
How to know if the Tombstone is cooked perfectly?
To know if your pizza is cooked properly or not, you have to check the signs that will indicate if it is ready. Make sure to check
· If the crust is turning golden and the cheese is bubbling up
· Check the topping and seasoning if they are cooked or not
· The crust will turn crispy and flaky when it is done
These indicators will let you know but for confirmation, you can also give it a taste test. Make sure whatever method you apply, it should not be overcooked or undercooked.
Other than that,
You can also check through these methods
· Checking on the internal temperature with the help of an infrared thermometer. According to the USDA, 165 degrees F is recommended temperature for cooking pizza.
· Check through the bottom-up test. If the crust is golden from the bottom and has turned crispy, your pizza is done.
· Check the cheese if it is bubbling and melted completely, you have a delicious completely cooked tombstone pizza.
· Cut the slices and check if they are done from the middle, if they are crispy inside then it is cooked.
How to make Tombstone pizza extra crispy?
To make your tombstone pizza crispier, just turn the temperature high to 500 degrees and let it cook for additional 5 to 8 minutes.
How does tombstone pizza bakes?
Which oven setting is best for frozen pizza?
To bake a frozen pizza, the recommended temperature ranges between 375 to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and 191 to 218 degrees for Centigrade. Always put your oven settings to either convection or bake, this will make your pizza cook evenly.
What ingredients make tombstone pizza delicious?
The key ingredients that make the tombstone pizza delicious include part skim milk, soy protein concentrate, corn oil, enriched wheat flour, bha bht citric acid, milk cheese culture salt, skim mozzarella cheese, milk cheese culture salt, zesty sauce, and made with pork chicken.
Can I cook pizza on a toaster?
No, you cannot. The answer is simple, the electric oven has radiant warmth that extremely hot softens and melts the plastic. While the convective oven is placed distantly that would not burn or soften the paper.
How long should I cook a pizza if it is frozen?
If your pizza is frozen, you should cook a pizza of 10 inches for at least 5 to 7 minutes and 12 inches pizza for 7 to 11 minutes maximum. For a small pizza, you need to microwave it for 5 to 7 minutes to defrost and cook them.
Recommended Pizza Oven for cooking Tombstone Pizza
Nuwave Bravo Air Fryer Oven
Why NuWave Bravo Air Fryer Oven?
NuWave Bravo Air Fryer oven is a top-rated option and among the hot selling product on Amazon. Hence, I have paired it to make it a part of this blog. With all the best features it has, the most significant is the food security for frozen pizza especially. Here is what else it has got.
· Build with solid stainless steel and is compact
· Allows a large capacity of 30 Quarts
· Comes with 12 pre-set functions to make your cooking easy and quick
· You will get the display that shows the temperature and other options
· This convection oven is built with temperature technology
· Comes with 8 items complimentary
· Allows payment in installments
· A warranty of three-years
· Sometimes it causes inconvenience with the shipping
In the package, along with the unit, you will get
· Cooking rack
· Digital temperature probe
· A pizza cutter, peeler, and the pizza server
· The grill or the griddle plate
· A cooking club app
Since this is all about tombstone pizza, Nuwave Bravo XL is a perfect choice.